Manage the Corporate Accounting Reporting Systems function, leveraging the Oracle R12 GL module, OBIEE dashboards, Cadency reconciliation and close calendar management tool and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). This role will develop and implement a roadmap to provide enhanced reporting support to the global Accounting team. The role will partner closely the Corporate and Regional Accounting teams to develop reporting vision and gather requirements and with the IT department to implement system enhancements. This position will own the corporate system administration on these systems and be a super user resource to the global Finance team.
BioMarin Finance has a strong continual process improvement culture. This position will be responsible for leading continued process redesign, system enhancements, policy redesign, and internal control automation and enhancement. Close collaboration with corporate accounting, accounting operations, and financial reporting teams in both shared objectives and cross-functional initiatives will be required.
The successful candidate will be an experienced corporate or general ledger accountant with a proven acumen for managing and reporting financial data and project management. An understanding of SOX controls as it relates to systems and reporting is important. The position will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Accounting. Candidate should be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and able to collaborate with all levels in the organization. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow, and develop their skills while providing enhancements to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential and flexibility, agility and change management skills are desired. This is an individual contributor role.
Participant in delivery of Corporate Accounting team objectives in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reporting cycles.
- Oracle GL Business Administrator:
- Chart of Accounts strategy and maintenance
- Foreign exchange rate maintenance in partnership with Treasury
- Development of Oracle Allocations (automate and globalize)
- Opening and closing of fiscal periods
- Administer Journal Entry workflow
- Provide guidance to users on GL functionality
- OBIEE Dashboards:
- Define dashboard data requirements to provide easy to use queries of the Oracle data warehouse to support the global accountants
- Maintain and support enhancements of BMRN custom accrual gathering tool built on the OBIEE platform
- Develop close metrics using the OBIEE platform in partnership with Corporate Accounting team.
- Cadency GL Account Reconciliation and Close Management Administrator:
- System administrator for Cadency toolset partners with Corporate Accounting team to further expand use by the global Accounting team
- Provide guidance to regional administrators and support system performance issues not resolved at the regional level. Perform system administration activities controlled centrally.
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Leverage knowledge of accounting data structures to provide super user level guidance to Accounting team members.
- Participate in the expanded use of HFM functionality to support Corporate Accounting activities
- Support the delivery of routine financial reporting derived from the monthly and quarterly accounting cycles
- SOX audit
- Documentation of and compliance with internal controls related to financial data.
- Support annual SOX and internal audit activities related to reporting
- 7+ years general accounting experience, including minimum 5 years working in a role with direct general ledger and financial close responsibilities.
- 2-4 years of reporting or data management experience.
- Advanced experience with Excel, accounting system reporting and analysis, and enterprise resource management (ERP) systems (Oracle GL required).
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accounting reporting.
- Excellent follow-through and communication skills and ability to work both in a team situation and independently.
- Proven project management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and organization skills required.
- Experience with Cadency account reconciliation and close manager, or similar tool, highly desired.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
CPA or equivalent experience preferred.